Field Service Engineer
Summary: This position is responsible for maintaining effective customer support by providing service to all Company machinery at a customer’s location under limited supervision at INDEX Corporation.
Essentials duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, repairs, inspects, sets up and tests the Company’s machinery and equipment.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots machinery malfunctions by listening and looking for unusual sounds or characteristics and discussing issues, problems or status with supervisor and other service technicians and customers.
- Dismantles defective machines, equipment or parts and installs, adjusts and tests new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment such as transformers and wiring.
- Installs and repairs hydraulic, coolant or air systems which are associated with the machine.
- Repairs or replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and other machine related equipment.
- Returns all remaining parts with the correct paper work and correct packaging to the Company’s office.
- Submits all service paper work and expenses weekly, and on time.
- Provides maintenance training for colleagues and customers on and offsite. Completes cross training of all machines and controls.
- Supports and informs the Service Manager on a daily basis of any service related matters.
- Maintains a neatly organized, clean and safe work area.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and integrity while working on the customer site or in the office.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to our Human Resource Generalist, Robin Shoemaker, at email@example.com